Overhead DoorJet Heater
Solaronics overhead DOORJET heater stops the chills and wasted energy that occur when outside bay doors open in car washes, manufacturing/industrial facilities, and distribution centers. The in-rushing cold air is tempered by DOORJET’s immense heat surge while employees inside remain comfortably warm. Energy is saved as the building’s heat system maintains its normal operation.
DOORJET's door heaters operate via a trip switch that starts the fan and burner automatically as the door is raised. A “jet” of air is directed toward the door instantly. When the door closes, the fan and burner turn off immediately.
In car wash applications, DOORJET heaters can also be placed at vehicle drying stations to increase the efficiency of the drying cycle.
DOORJET heaters are designed to operate with the door open to assure adequate dilution with fresh air. Do not use DOORJET heaters in a closed, unventilated area, for space heating.
Standard Heater Items
- Watertight enclosure: All gas and electrical controls are prewired and sealed
- Fully assembled and factory tested to ensure safe and dependable long-life operation
- 16 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel casing with two reinforcing angle rings
- Stainless steel burner baffle
- Heavy duty axial flow fan
- Vertical or angled mounting
- Economical Natural Gas operation
- Instant heat: No warm-up period required
- Special “Jet” type burner
- Corrosion resistant manifold
- Hanging holes
Standard Items Shipped Loose With Heater
- Remote control box
- Temperature sensor
- Door limit switch and roller arm
- Inlet air guard
- A high-pressure gas regulator is required for pressure over 1/2 PSI (14 inches WC)
- Universal Heater Mounting Kit
- Single phase motor
- Left-hand units with control cabinet on the opposite side
- FM, IRI, or other regulatory approval
Minimum Inlet Pressure
– 550,000-750,000 BTUH – 7 inches WC
– 850,000-950,000 BTUH – 8 inches WC
Maximum Inlet Pressure
Natural Gas: 14 inches WC
1-inch NPT Gas Inlet
Minimum Mounting Height
A DOORJET should be mounted 6 inches above the height of the door.
Minimum Mounting Height is 12 feet – 6 inches. Mounting below the minimum height would require careful consideration of human safety/comfort and property damage factors and would be the responsibility of the owner and installer.
Maximum Mounting Height
Maximum Mounting Height is 14 feet – 6 inches.
Installation above the maximum height reduces the heater’s effectiveness.
1-year limited warranty
- Remote control with:
- on-off switch
- summer-winter switch
- control circuit fuse
- remote temperature selector
- 1 1/2 or 2 HP TEFC ball bearing 3-phase motor
- Magnetic motor starter
- Airflow switch
- Control transformer
- High-temperature limit switch
- Electronic ultraviolet sensor
- Gas pressure regulator up to 1/2 PSI
- Modulating gas valve/temperature control
- “Hot” spark ignition
- Car Washes
- Auto Body Shops
- Distribution Centers
- Maintenance Facilities
- Marine Repair Facilities